2010 Reunion

3/2/13

Chicago Cowboy Rodeo Bronc Rider


When I was a little kid my father and my uncle Red took me to a rodeo in a great indoor arena in Chicago. Red was the real singing cowboy, riding and roping cattle on the Hullinger ranch in South Dakota. 


With great fanfare they announced that a genuine Chicago Cowboy would ride a bucking bronco. We loyal Chicagoans were rooting for our home grown hero.


When they opened the gate the Chicago cowboy
immediately fell off, much to the chagrin of Chicago fans. I think it is likely that he had been overserved prior to trying to ride the bucking bronco and that this was his first time on a bucking bronc. 


Craig Hullinger




Dale Evans and Roy Rogers at the Chicago Stadium Rodeo in 1948 


Chicago Stadium - the Madhouse on Madison




No comments:

Post a Comment